Thursday, July 03, 2014
Our 3 little darlings went to their grandparents' in Kansas for the week and I have gotten ALOT done! Here are a few things I've learned about my way-in-the-future empty nest:
1) Food stays in the fridge longer!
2) Silence is golden.
3) There are actually some great cooking shows and house renovating shows on TV during the day that I would rather watch than Disney Channel!
4) It's hard to get anything else done when you're watching these amazing shows!
5) The Pioneer Woman is my favorite and she has the best cookware! If I had her awesome cookware and fancy appliances I might be able to cook like her!
6) I miss my kids.
7) I do enjoy the spontaneous dating life!
8) Time without kids gives me time to pray for them and dream of the future God has for them and for us as a family.
9) I have neglected taking care of myself in the past 2 tumultuous years. It's time I start putting my physical needs back in priority so I can live a long time watching my kids' bright future.
10) God is so good. He has given us a wonderful journey and it's nice to stop and remember all that He has done in us and through us so we can be inspired to press on down the path of life.
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Tuesday, June 10: Home. Doesn’t it sound good? Are you missing Sammy yet? He’s missing you! How about your own bed and shower? It’s great to be away, but it’s always nice to go home. When we are born, God puts an empty hole in our souls, so that we will always want to go home. Everyone in this world, whether they believe in God yet or not, have a longing in their souls knowing they need to be settled somehow. The feeling of wanting to go home or needing to be whole, is an emptiness that something is missing. Many people try to fill it with things of this world, like material goods that money can buy so they go into debt and sometimes end up on the street. Some people try to fill that hole inside with drugs and alcohol and end up hurting themselves physically. Your daddy and I have always prayed that you would know Jesus early and we know you know about Him from all the stories you’ve heard and times you’ve been to church, but we pray that you fill that deep longing in your soul with Jesus and only Jesus for the rest of your life. And one day you will go home to our eternal home in heaven. That’s the good news!
And in Him, you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit. Ephesians 4:22
Having believed, you were marked in Him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance… Ephesians 1:13-14
Lord, thank you for a great time away. Give us a safe trip home. Keep our eyes on you and fill the hole we have inside of us with your Holy Spirit. Thank you for our true home. Amen.
Monday, June 23, 2014
A friend loves at all times. Prov. 17:17 ~ I thank my God every time I remember you. Phil. 1:3
Thank you, Jesus, for lifelong friendships that bless us! Help us to choose friends that know You, love You, worship You and encourage us to follow You all the days of our lives. Help us remember to be grateful for our friends and their hospitality towards us. Thanks for a wonderful vacation with friends and family!
Saturday, June 21, 2014
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. Deuteronomy 6:5
Lord, help us to remember that Hollywood is a fun place to visit, but the people we know as “stars” are just people You have created. Keep our minds focused on worshipping You, even with our sunglasses on!